Our vision for education and training recognises that major improvements to patient care require the concerted action of interdisciplinary teams of highly trained healthcare professionals who are skilled practitioners, researchers, innovators and leaders.
The education theme spans undergraduate and postgraduate education, as well as staff training and development.
Health Innovation Manchester strives to achieve the highest standards of education and training for all healthcare professionals, at all levels, to:
- embed research, innovation and leadership training in our undergraduate, postgraduate and CPD programmes
- support the career progression of our clinical academic workforce
- nurture a culture of compassionate and patient-centred care.
Health Innovation Manchester aims to provide:
- all staff with opportunities to enhance their skills and progress their careers through continuing professional development
- opportunities for healthcare professionals to combine research with their clinical training and practice
- opportunities for healthcare professionals to learn more about the science that underpins quality improvement and to put this learning into practice
- training and support to encourage innovation in healthcare delivery
- healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to meet the challenges of changing patterns of service delivery, patient demographics, health economics and digital healthcare information
RCPE Manchester is a collaboration with the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh which is delivering a programme of clinical and academic learning, training and research in the north of England.
The partnership is creating new opportunities for sharing knowledge and expertise and is intended to progress innovation and understanding in medicine.