The Greater Manchester Research Hub
Faster, easier and better clinical research
The Greater Manchester Research Hub is our regional coordination service for delivering high quality, high impact, clinical research. The research hub helps our research community, commercial and public sector organisations to place, implement and evaluate their clinical research in the most efficient and effective way.
The research hub is a ‘one-stop shop’ for:
- faster contracting and costing between internal partners and external collaborators
- easy access to expertise, infrastructure and patient cohorts across Greater Manchester
- better processes, faster initiation, easier delivery of high quality clinical research to time and target.
Structure and benefits
The hub is structured around the key functions needed to facilitate the delivery of high quality research in Greater Manchester.
The research hub offers a number of benefits, including:
- single access point to all regional trust and university R&D departments, and to the right expertise and infrastructure (CRFs/CTU/Imaging)
- central knowledge base for research governance, regulatory approval and general advice for all researchers
- streamlined contracting and costing processes enabling faster initiation of commercial clinical trials in Greater Manchester
- up-to-date data warehouse that provides a clear understanding of research activity for strategic developments
- strategic and operational oversight of research through KPIs and dashboards
- integration with our education and training functions to deliver research capability building programmes that meet the needs of our researchers and research administrators (Clinical Trials Training Days, Research Administration Peer Exchange Programmes).